Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Gungor

So far today it feels like I am more "clear" in my head than I have been all week.  I don't really know what it has been but the time change or something has caused me not to be able to put together thoughts like I wanted to, to be able to blog.  Today though, as I headed to work I heard a CD I haven't listed to in a while.  I couldn't help but feel like God was outlining my last few months in three songs.  While I feel like I could write more, today I just want to leave you with these songs to listen to and I will give a brief synopsis of how God reached me with that song.



Maybe you have heard this song, maybe you haven't.  When I first heard it, I was in a place where I really felt like I needed God to be my strength.  I was struggling to find truth and knew my only option was to rely on Him.  It really is a beautiful song.



Last week I shared a song similar to this by another artist, but as I listened to this song this morning, I couldn't help but wonder if God was trying to tell me something back when I would listen to the CD more and I was just to stubborn to hear it.  It is so easy to get wrapped up in trying to "understand" God or "figure it all out."  I wonder if sometimes instead of spending so much time doing the same thing we have always done and trying to analyze everything, we could just put it down for a while and really work on loving people.  Isn't that what His story is about anyway.  The whole Bible spells out a story of a Creator that loves His creation and gave His only son to die so that we could be reconciled to Him.  It is the greatest example of love and yet we look for some many other things we need to be "doing" rather than just realizing it's as simple as truly loving as God loves.


This last one, just really spoke to me in that when we realize how far we have gotten off track and missed the point of it all there is hope.   There is mercy.  There is grace. I couldn't help but share as it it is just a reminder of how even if we have been distracted we can just turn and run back to God and He will be there for us.



I love their music and this CD has really reached me in a lot of different times.  If you want to listen to more of their music a lot of their songs are on YouTube.  Here is a list of the rest of the songs on the CD.  It's worth finding time to listen to.


No comments:

Post a Comment