Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Hey You!

So...I couldn't really come up with a great title, so I thought I would use something that is representative of what I want to write about, but not necessarily the best approach. I'll explain later.

Over the last week or so I have been to the store more than I normally am. (or at least it feels that way)  While I was out I noticed several people that I knew in one way or another, but have lost contact with over the years.  Many of them I haven't seen or spoken to in well over 10 years.  Many of them I have very little in common with and really have no reason, in particular, to even worry about having a relationship with them.

It dawned on me after one such incident that God might be opening my eyes to a group of people that I could reflect Christ to.  I don't know that He is calling me to really spend a lot of time investing in people from my past, but rather acknowledge that I do know them and that I can have a conversation with them with very little commitment. 

The more I think about the number of people I see that I know but never talk to, I am challenged to question whether my heart is right towards all people or if I struggle with this humanistic thought of still giving different people value based on what they can or can't do for me. 

I wonder what a difference I could make in someone else's life if I only just took the time to say "Hi, how are you?" and truly mean it?  Who knows what God could do through one small interaction between people, after all you never know the hurt someone else has and what is going on in their life if you don't ask. 


Anyway, it's just a thought. 

Oh, in reference to the title....I wouldn't suggest you saying "Hey, You!" when trying to interact with someone you haven't seen in a long time.  I would recommend coming up with a better approach.

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment