Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas Baby!

Well, it is certainly getting closer to Christmas so I don't know how much more I will be writing in the coming days, so I thought I would go ahead and write one for my lovely wife today.

If you have been reading long, you have probably picked up on the fact that I am not that great with words.  In fact most of the time I am worse when it comes to verbal words than I am with written word.  I think one of my biggest downfalls is how I use my words with my wife.  I'm not perfect, but I really try not to say anything negative to or about her, on the other hand though, I am terrible at complimenting her.  It's much easier to write it out that it is to vocalize it.  I'm not sure why, but it just is.

If you know my wife, you know how amazing she is.  I couldn't ask for a better wife.  She longs to make our family more like God's family.  She wants each of us to have the best relationship with God we could possibly have.  If you listen to our boys very long, you will know how much God plays a part in their lives and that He is not just someone we talk about on Sundays.

Now, while that is important, she doesn't stop there.  In trying to do what is best for our family, she was willing to take on the task of homeschooling our kids.  I can only imagine what that is like.  While I do help, occasionally (not very often), I can only imagine the responsibility it actually takes to make it happen.  While I believe I got a decent education from the school I attended growing up, but I know my kids will learn so much more from their Mom and the curriculum she chose to go with than I ever did.  I can already tell it in how much Noah knows and how much what he is learning really impacts his life. 

I've never had a GREAT paying job, but God has always provided me with a job that let us pay our bills.  While sometimes it has been hard, the sacrifices we have made have always turned out to be worth it.  While I don't know that I would call it a sacrifice, one of the things we have had to give up was most convenience foods.  When I say convenience, I mean fast food, and other quick and easy stuff.  In doing so Marcey has taken it upon herself to create new and wonderful meals.  Many times she has taken it even beyond the basics to learning how to make everything from scratch.  I know it takes a lot of time and work, but the end results in both our health, finances, and taste is outstanding.

Speaking of health, I can only imagine how much different I would eat if I weren't married to her.  I know I may sound like a kid when I say this, but she makes sure I get my fruits and vegetables. While I don't mind eating either of those (in fact I quite enjoy many of them) she does what she can to make sure that I am eating healthy.  Ok, so her reasoning behind it is kinda selfish, but still I am so thankful.  She recently told me I need to eat healthy, because she wants me to be healthy when I am older and not die and leave her alone for years.  Like I said, kinda selfish, but I'm glad. I want to spend many years with her as well.

Which brings me to my next point.  We have had our fair share of problems.  One of the things I love about her most, is that she was willing to work through them with me.  With such a high divorce rate these days and divorce being so accepted as the answer for any and all problems, it would have been easy to decide to end it a long time ago. Not that either of us wanted to, it just would have been easy. It takes a lot of work to work through problems rather than run or give up. I am so thankful she was willing to be tough and work through them.  It has brought us so much closer today.

We were talking the other day, and this will be our 10th Christmas we have spent together.  Now, I am not yet 30 so that makes it more than 1/3 of my life.  To me that sounds crazy. My brother is not even 20, so more than half of his life my wife has been present.  Putting things like this into view makes life seem so short.

In essence, today I wanted to just tell my wife, Merry Christmas, and thank her for all that she does.  She has helped make my life what it is today and helped me see more of who God wants me to be.  She has been God's voice when I refused to hear what He was saying any other way.  She has been my supporter even when I was wrong.  She has comforted me when I was hurting and needed a friend.  She has looked after me, when I was ignorant to needing to care for myself in a different way.  She has been there for me, shared in fun with me, and gone along for the ride when I was doing something she didn't necessarily want to do.  I love and appreciate all that she is.

God has certainly used her in my life.  I am so thankful for her and the fact that God has allowed me to have this time with her.

I love you, Marcey!


No comments:

Post a Comment