Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What to say

I have been trying to come up with something to say for the last day or so.  I have found myself in a place where I don't really feel like I have anything to share.  I have a lot of great things going on.  I have had an opportunity to work on restoring some relationships, to work on building some relationships, and as I continue to go through "Hearing God" by Dallas Willard I get more and more conformation about decisions my wife and I have made over the last year or so.

I feel like God is working in our lives, but I have been in a place of rest for the past couple days.  Not that the whole day was restful, but it wasn't chaotic either. I know I need to take advantage of this time as life often moves very quickly and if we don't take advantage of the time then we can easiy lose focus.

Right now, I am asking God for guidance in what my future holds.  Like I have said many times my life is in a place of peace right now where I can accept where God has brought me to.  I try not to get too comfortable as I know God has plans for us. He has been showing me new possibilities and helping me to find new ways to make a little side money.

I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur. I have spent a lot of time over the past 15 years trying to come up with new ways to make a little extra to support my hobbies or the like. One of the most recent ones is photography.  I love taking pictures of my family.  My little girl has become an inspiration of a lot of my pictures, as before she could walk she was an easy target to shoot.  I have recently become fortunate enough to have the opportunity to begin shooting for others which will help me expand my arsenal, if you will, of camera equipment.  While I don't believe I will ever make a living from it, as a few of my friends do, it is a joy to be able to spend time like that getting to know people while providing them with an inexpensive opportunity for photographs.


Really, what it all boils down to, is that I am in a place of rest, and I am so thankful for what God is doing in my life right now.  He has blessed me and has shown me so much about how often times we take for granted all the things He does in our life.  Sometimes we just need to stop and admire all the "little" things we have to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment