Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Genesis 39

As I continue to read through Genesis, I again came upon a very familiar story. I am not going to retell the story this time around, but feel free to read it at Genesis 39. Its amazing how much good material is packed into that passage and yet its a great story...easy to read...easy to understand.  One thing I think I have always been guilty of is looking at the importance of how others saw Joseph.

I have heard several pastors talk about the importance of how others see us, how we should be an example of Christ.  Here is a man who didn't have Christ as a guide in fleshly form...  He didn't even have Paul's instructions...yet it says twice in that passage that he was viewed as having the Lord with him.  I just find it interesting that that is the reason he is left in charge.  The people he was around recognized him as having the Lord with him by his actions.

I understand that works aren't everything, but this is a great example of how our actions reflect the one we serve.

Can people say that the Lord is with us?  When was the last time you heard someone say that about anyone?  Can we be recognized that way?  Why or why not?

Just my short thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment