Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Exodus 5-11

Today is going to be a short and sweet post.

It occurred to me how easy it is to try so hard to understand what God is thinking or doing, but how we sometimes forget to just stand back and awe at what He has done.  Reading through Exodus 5-11 was a little challenging just because it is such a familiar story that its sometimes hard to find new insights into the passages. As I was reading though, I started to think about how amazing these various different events were and wondered what it would have been like to have been there and seen it all taking place.

Knowing that it was from God would have just been astounding to see and watch.  While they were not pleasant by any means, seeing that God could cause something to happen to just part of a town and leave another part completely untouched would have been mind boggling if you didn't know that God did it.

Reading over it, I have to remember that His ways are higher than my ways and that I don't understand all He does. Comfort does come from knowing that He is in control and that He does amazing things that are mind blowing, to say the least.

This is all part of why I want to read and really examine what it is I am reading.  It is so easy to just brush over things you have heard so many times and not really take the time to just be amazed at what God has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment