Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Still there?

Today's post might just be a bit different.  Like I mentioned in my previous post, I've been in kind-of a funk lately, but this week seems to have been somewhat easier....I just don't have much to say.  I've really been missing old friends and the time I spent with them. 

I spent quite a while the other day talking to my wife about how much I miss being in a small group.  I loved the fact that I was connected to people I went to church with outside of church and really got to see more what their lives were like.  I got to have a relationship with them. 

It's amazing how much different life is when you have a group of people like that.  People who are about the same age as you, going through similar life stages as you.  They don't have to be just like you, but people you can relate to. 

Sure we have developed a lot of relationships with our families that are stronger than they have ever been, but having a group of friends outside of your family can be fun, challenging, and worth-the-effort, in a totally different way.

I say all this because that's not where I am at now. Really its been over 2 years since I have really had this.  Yet, I struggle with saying that I have enough time for it, even when I know it is so important. 

If you are reading this and you were a part of a small group with me...then thank you.  Thank you for the time we had. 

If you are reading this and haven't or aren't currently  part of a small group before, let me know.  Relationships are important to following Christ.  Maybe we can figure this thing out together.

2 comments:

  1. This is encouraging to read as I pour myself into forming new groups at Living Hope for our upcoming series. I remember when John first told me, "Alan and Marcey want to start a new group, and they want you to lead it." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brady, but I think I do remember us wanting to help start a small group, but I do believe you actually led it :). The small group was amazing and a major support for us in our time there at Living Hope. I couldn't imagine my life there without it. I know God is going to bless all your efforts in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete