Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

In the midst of pain

For me, Charlie Hall had not been a worship artist that I recognized.  I don't even know that I had ever even heard any of his songs.  However, I remember the night, oh so well, when a really good friend of mine said he had a "man crush" on him.  Over the next two years the more I found myself finding that I loved more and more of his songs.  They were inspiring, they were truth, they resonated in my heart.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I have really had a hard time playing for God recently and it really makes me feel like I am missing something.  It was so much a part of my life and oh so powerful to be in that place of being able to worship God by myself and not have a care in the world about what someone else might think.  My limited abilities to do that, recently, have been limited to singing along with a cd or the radio in the car.

Just a few days ago, I heard that Chris Tomlin had a new CD out and upon looking further, my wife found that in fact he did not, but rather the new Passion CD was out and he had a couple songs on there.  I love several songs on the CD, I found that when Charlie's song would come on, I would change the track as I did with a few other songs that I didn't like.

I had heard the song before, but just didn't really care for it.  It never really sank in what the words actually where and contemplated the song.  However, the other night as I was driving home, I decided I was going to try and figure out what it was the song was about and why before I seemed to have some hangup with the song.

Upon listening to it, I realize that it was song for someone who is in the midst of pain.  It was a song for someone who has lost sight of the truth.  When I let it sink in what he was actually saying, I found the song so full of beauty.  It resonated with me.  I know when I focus on the truth Christ is my Sanity... my Clarity.




For those of you who may have been trying to picture what I was talking about yesterday, just imagine this song with the rest of the band.  Instead of the band being physically there, you just hear them in your head.  God plays music with you and we all know He is the master musician.  Nothing more beautiful than being able to walk around singing without a care and WITH the God we serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment