Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Hard to be thankful

Sometimes, I think one of the hardest things to do is be thankful.  I know there are a lot of things I am thankful for if I sit down and think about it, but most days I would have to say that it is much easier to just deal with the problems that come up and worry rather than remember what it is that we have to be thankful for.

My wife had to remind me of this, oh so much, when we were having car problems. She kept reminding me that things could be much worse.  She would remind me that I could be thankful we had a car to borrow when we needed to, we had healthy kids, and I had a wife who loved me.

Why is it that we find it so hard to really be thankful and can so easily get stuck in the rut of wishing things were different, that we had this or that, or if only _________ (fill in the blank).

Sometimes I find it helpful to remind myself I need to be thankful. I'm not generally an very expressive person, but could the two be linked.  Could the fact that I don't realize all that God has given me and blessed me with that I neglect expressing it?

Anyway, I didn't really have much to write today and the only thing I could think about was that even though there are some things in my life that still aren't going the way I want them to, I can be thankful.


PS.  Marcey, I am very thankful that you thought of me yesterday and picked up Father Fiction at the library for me.  Just another reason I love you!  You're so thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment