Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Thoughts?

A couple days ago I talked about our blessings and how sometimes they can turn into our curses if we let those things get in the way of our relationship with God.  For some time now I have been thinking about how much stuff I really have and if I would ever be willing to give it up to live a simple life.  While it doesn't sound easy, I do think it would be worth it in the long run.

I recently came across a video of a young teen who built his own house for less that $12k.  When I look at the cost of his house and how simple he would have to live I am somewhat envious of the whole idea.  I understand that you have to give up a lot and it would be challenging, but I think it would bring its joys along with it.





I can't quite convince Marcey this is the way we should live, especially with 3 kids, but I would love to someday help my kids build houses similar to this so that they could say they own their own houses and start off their adult life debt free.

Anyway, I couldn't help but share this video.  I am just so intrigued by it. It reinforces the idea I have had for a while of being able to live in community with others and not rely so much on the things the world tells us are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment