Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stealing Joy

It is easy to let Satan steal your joy.  He does it in oh-so-many ways.  It seems that for the past while I have been able to stave off letting him steal my joy for a while, but this weekend had several instances where I really let him destroy me.

In retrospect, I think we often can see it coming, but sometimes in the middle of it you just get so focused on the things at hand you forget to see the bigger picture.  I think I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I recently heard someone say that one of satan's biggest tools is getting us distracted from the bigger picture.

I say all this today because I know that often I write about things I see "wrong" or about something I recently heard, but I know I also need to write about my own life struggles.  I think God wants us to be open and honest with each other.  He wants us to share our struggles and really work through them together.  I am thankful for two best friends and a wife who really let me do that with them.

I know I have mentioned it before, but I have to go back to it.  I recently heard Chuck Swindoll say that we all need a couple of friends who care more about our character than our comfort.  It's not easy being on either side of that relationship, but it is worth it.  I think it is through those relationships that God is able to really help us change and be a part of the changes He wants to make.

I think we often need to just take time during our busy lives and really reflect on what all we have going on.  The calling of God is not a complicated one, but rather a simple one.  He did not call us to do and do and do, but rather "...go and make disciples of all nations..." It's amazing how complicated we make it and how far off track satan has gotten some of us.  



A while back I wrote about looking for disciples and somewhat that looks like.  I just wanted to give you an update on where I am.  While I haven't necessarily developed real relationships with the men I believe God has called me to disciple, I do believe I have found 5 men that God has laid it on my heart to pray for and look for opportunities to really connect with.  I don't really know what that looks like or what it will ultimately turn into, but I can say that it has to begin with prayer and God revealing to me more of His plan.

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20 NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment