Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Time Between

Maybe its just me, but every once-in-a-while I get a question stuck in my head that I haven't heard anyone ever ask or discuss before. As I have mentioned a few times, I have been reading through the Bible from beginning trying to draw some of my own conclusions.  One of the things I began to think about as I was reading recently is what happened during that period between Adam and Moses where there appear to have been no formal laws written down. 

I have heard a lot of conversation recently about living by the biblical laws and how people who are trying to say that homosexuality is not wrong try to use Mosaic and Levitical law to justify their opinion.  What I find interesting is that they typically leave out the any thoughts on the fact there were no listed laws in the Bible prior to Moses.

What does that mean for us?  Could it mean that people were either good or bad and God just handled them based on what they were?  How could He punish people for being bad and reward those for being Good if He hadn't told them the difference. I don't know that it is what you could consider a "logical" answer or not, but a Biblical answer would be that the "law" is written on every man's heart.  Which would also go hand in hand with every man will have an opportunity to choose Christ before they die.  They might not always realize it is Christ, but I think it has more to do with a matter of the heart and they can choose to believe Christ whether they know it by that name or not.

For a while when I was younger there was a song and phrase going around that said there was a God shaped hole in all of us.  I think that is true. I think God created us all to have fellowship with Him and in doing so, anything outside of that will leave us feeling empty and a piece of us missing. 

I don't think it is a new concept.  I think its part of how God created all people and once sin entered the world there became a separation between us and God that wasn't there prior. That is was sin is/does.

Anyway, that is just my two cents and thoughts for the day.  It may not really be a complete thought and I don't think I would get an A on this if I had turned it in for a paper, but it's what I have at this point.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment