Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Great Friends

Great friendships don't come easy. They take a lot of work. I have never really had a lot of great friendships and really I can probably count the number on one hand. They take a lot of work and a lot of time. True friendships are developed over time through being real, being honest, and doing life together.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of getting to spend some time with some of, what I consider to be, my best friends. I can say that, even though I don’t see them very often, because when I do see them, the friendships don’t seem to have lost anything over the time.

I was telling my wife on the way home, from seeing them, how much I missed them and the more I begin to think about it the more I realized why. As I am around them I can sense God. I know we aren’t supposed to look to others to validate us or to be our “gods,” but I think there are people God puts in our lives that really help us see God. Just being around them you can tell God is there.

For me, these sorts of friendships aren’t an everyday thing. Sure, I have my wife and we have an amazing friendship, but there is still something different about being with like-minded brothers in Christ. The connection is deeper than just casual conversation. The friendships challenge you to be more, to examine yourself, and to really search for God’s will. I miss being able to experience that so frequently.

This past weekend was really an eye opening experience for me. It helped me remember and see things differently again. It was a great weekend. I have to say I miss my friends and it sure is glad to know that no matter what life throws our way, I have some great friends that I can turn to.

Life is just better with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment