Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rest

Rest... I needed rest...

Last week my family and I took our first real vacation in almost 2 years.  I say real, because we were actually gone more than just a couple days and I wasn't dealing with a lot of stress. It was great.  I didn't realize exactly how much I needed it till today.

Today I have been thinking a lot about how I have been feeling over the last year.  While I moved from a time that was incredibly draining physically, emotionally, and spiritually, I still feel like I am in a state of discontent.

I am content with where I am in my job. I am content with how we are growing as a family and for the first time in a long time really living as a family.  My relationship with my wife is consistently getting closer, just as God designed it to be.  I am content with a lot of things in my life. I enjoy a lot of things in my life.  However, there is still something that I feel is not right.

I know life is not all about feelings, but I also know that God created us with an intuition to know when something is wrong.  He creates a stirring in our soul, mind, and heart that makes us yearn for something more. 

I didn't feel this while on vacation.  I felt refreshed.  I felt relieved.  I felt free. 

As I look at it, I can see how God  used our vacation to show me a few things and to give me what I needed, even when I didn't know I needed it.  It is amazing at how He takes care of us and how unfortunately we often don't see it till after it is over. 

So here I am today, back to the same ol' thing that I was doing before vacation.  Feeling the same way.  Knowing that God has something for me and that He doesn't want me to be too comfortable in the place that I am.  I can have peace in that. 

While God doesn't have to prove Himself ever to us, He does time and time again.


Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment