Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Joyeux anniversaire!

Seven years ago today, I married my best friend.  I know people say stuff like that all the time, but I think that is part of a great marriage.  I couldn't imagine my marriage without her being my best friend. 

Over the past seven years we have had a series of ups and downs, good times and bad times. I think any strong marriage is going to have these times though.  I am pretty certain that without some of the not-so-fun times our relationship wouldn't be as strong as it is. I think that is how God works. 

I have learned so much being married the last 7 years.  When Christ speaks of the relationship He has with the church as a bride and groom, I can see it now.  I have learned how important that relationship has to be.  If the relationship between a husband and wife isn't right, nothing else is right, which I think is part of what Christ was talking about.  I think He was also giving us a great example of what it looks like to be a husband and lay down everything for the sake of the bride.  Again, I believe we are called to do that for our wives as well. 

I love my wife and enjoy getting to spend time with her.  She helps me to see things I haven't seen before and I know she has been used by God to shape me into the man I am today.  I am so thankful for her.  I am so thankful I get to be in her life and get to know her.

I know today's post doesn't flow really well, and that is mostly because I have so much I want to say, but just can't figure out how to say it. What I do know is that God put us together.  He orchestrated our lives so that we would be a part of each others lives.  I believe that about most marriages. 

If there is one lesson I would want to share with anyone who is in a marriage that is struggling or someone who is thinking about getting married, it would be this:  Bad things are going to happen in your marriage, but God allows them so that He can bring you closer to Himself and it will pass. 

I love you Marcey! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.  Thank you for loving me.  You truly are a great example of Christ in my life and I couldn't imagine life without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment