Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A different reality

Over the past several years I have had the reoccurring thought that comes to my mind.  What if I am actually abnormal and don't know it.  I am not just talking about being odd, but rather what if I have a disability and don't even know it, because I can only see my reality.  If you think about it, our reality is only our perceived reality and we can only know true reality when someone is actually honest with us.  Unfortunately, a lot of times people aren't honest with those who are "different."  They want them to feel special and just like everyone else so they "shape" the truth to fit the situation.

The more I think about this, the more I can relate that to human existence.  As humans we were created in God's image. We were perfectly designed without flaw to live in commune with God.  Then sin entered the world.  It distorted...perverted....what God had created so we are now abnormal.  We aren't the beings we were created to be because our reality is only our perceived reality. 

Graciously God has continued to offer truth to us so that we can have the opportunity to learn truth.  We have the opportunity to see what the true reality is and can learn how to view things the way God's see them.  It is a beautiful thing.

What I find interesting, however, is how many people are willing and wanting to live in this perceived reality and have no desire to search for truth.  I know God has put something inside of me that makes me want to know more about Him and to see things differently.  I believe God created everyone with this desire to know Him....to know the Truth.

In essence that is why I blog.  It gives me a way to track what God has been showing me and the places in my life He wants me to see truth rather than the perverted truth we as humans see.  It's an opportunity I have to share with others the struggles, thoughts, and experiences I have in my life that shape the way my reality is changing.


Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment