Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I want to play my guitar!

A while back I wrote a post called Why I don't play my guitar.  It became so popular amongst my few readers it even made the top 5 posts of all time for me.  Well, after some time has past and I have spent a period of time not playing I am ready to start playing again.

Honestly, I have missed it. I have missed the beauty of creating music.  I have missed the challenging myself to learn a new song.  I have missed playing music with my wife. Most of all however, I have missed being able to worship God with my music.

Playing guitar has been a part of my life for the last 12 years.  I have spent countless hours learning to play classically, learning to play with others in a worship band, learning to lead a worship band, and learning how to be free to play by myself.  It has been a big part of my life until the last year. 

I think God has been working in me for a while in a new way.  He has began a restoration process in me that has allowed Him to draw me closer to Himself and away from the brokenness.  He has began to give me opportunities to again serve people and be open to showing me where He is at work.  Then again, maybe He has been showing me, I was just too blind to see.

None-the-less, I am ready to play again.  I am ready to sing again.  I am ready to enjoy being in His presence and being open and vulnerable.  Music can  put each person in a vulnerable spot. Their mistakes and flaws are  amplified for people to see and not easily covered up.  It's not an easy place to be, but then again neither is being a follower of Christ.  In Christ our mistakes and flaws are shown only to be covered by Christ. 

So here I am, ready to play.  I guess now its time to find people who are willing and wanting to worship in a way they may not have before. 



Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20 NIV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment