Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Selfish Adults...

According to Doug Mainwaring the whole idea of legalizing same sex marriage is all about Selfish Adults.

I don't know that I had ever looked at it this way before, at least not until my wife showed me the articled.  After I read it, I began to wonder how many other ideas in our life could be looked at in a similar fashion.

The articled reads:
In our sometimes misguided efforts to expand our freedom, selfish adults have systematically dismantled that which is most precious to children as they grow and develop. That’s why I am now speaking out against same-sex marriage.

By the way, I am gay.

A few days ago I testified against pending same-sex marriage legislation in Minnesota’s Senate Judiciary and House Civil Law Committees.

The atmosphere at these events (I’ve also testified elsewhere) seems tinged with unreality—almost a carnival-like surrealism. Natural law, tradition, religion, intellectual curiosity, and free inquiry no longer play a role in deliberations. Same-sex marriage legislation is defended solely on grounds of moral relativism and emotions.

Pure sophistry is pitted against reason. Reason is losing.

Continue Reading Here



What are your thoughts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment