Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Verse for a Vision

As I mentioned last week, a couple years ago, God gave me a vision of uniting the churches of Fulton, MO for a common cause.  He brought to mind all the churches I had connections with and others that I could use as resources to reach into a few of the others.
 
The vision came in a time where God had revealed to me that He wanted me to be a youth pastor, but also that there are hurting people around us regardless of where we are. Since that time, God has been working on me in different ways, I believe, shaping  me  to a place where I can begin this journey down this road with Him.

27 And he answered, “ You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”                 -Luke 10:27

This verse has been swirling around in my head a lot lately and I think it is the approach God wants me to use in carrying out this vision.  For me this verse has become a way to view those who believe differently than I do.  If they truly love God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength then God is working on them the same way He is working on me.  We are on a journey together and we are like minded, regardless of what our “doctrinal” beliefs are. I believe a love like this sets a place on fire.  Walls that separate churches are torn down because reaching the lost is more important than any of our personal preferences. 

I trust God will show me what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment