Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Our Past Meets Our Present

The more I read, study, and pray the more I realize how flawed my understanding of who God is and how I viewed what it looked like to walk with Him.  It is humbling to know that in-spite of how we viewed Him and our relationship He is still there loving us through it.  He knows we have it wrong, yet is willing to spend the time molding us into who He wants us to be. 

This realization can sometimes be disheartening and looking back can almost hurt at times.

Today I was reading a book by Rob Bell and even if I don't agree with everything He has ever said, he made a great point.  He said that without us being where we where, we would never be where we are today.  Basically, if I hadn't had the wrong understandings, there is a chance I wouldn't have the greater understanding that I have today. 

To me, that seems true.  That's how our life is.  Sometimes we have to go through things to learn our lessons.  We have to experience being wrong to know what is right.  That is part of the beauty of who Christ is.  He is the right in our world of wrong.  He shows us truth in a world full of lies. In other words...He is who He says He is....the light unto our path.


On somewhat of a side note, I found this video rather interesting. It's short and really resonates with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment