Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

100th Post - Reckless Abandon

Well.... I have made it 100 posts.  I feel like I have personally gotten somewhere by being able to blog and like the fact that I can go back and see what God has been doing in my life.  I don't know about you, but it seems to me there is little time when God allows us to go without having to deal with some situation.  For me, when I have come to a realization and peace over something he is teaching me something else comes up that He uses to teach me a lesson.  I can only imagine how His disciples must have felt traveling with Him all the time and how He kept telling them they just weren't getting what He was trying to teach them at that moment.  It somewhat gives me hope in how often they screwed up and how often He was teaching them something new, and yet they became great leaders and were able to help so many understand who Christ is.

Today is another one of those days for me.  I am trying to figure out how God wants me to handle a situation.  How do we love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, love our neighbor as ourselves, and while keeping that in perspective handle a situation where someone has hurt you?  Not only that, but how to you lead and protect your family when that person has hurt someone in your family.

I have been wrestling with this since yesterday.  Trying to find some answer on how God will show me what I need to do....how my actions will reflect that of His will. 

I know hurting people hurt people and how we are to encourage one another to make the right decisions.  Do you ever get to draw a line and say enough is enough....change or I have to distance myself from you....knowing their choices will only put them further in a pit.  I believe in tough love and letting people make their own decisions and suffering the consequences.  I also believe in the power of relationships and being able to share our concerns with each other when we see something that would hinder then in their walk with God.

I have been running the scenarios over and over in my head and trying to figure out the balance between allowing them to continue to be in my life and hurt my family again and keeping them at a distance and loving them where they are. 

Do we get a choice as to how we love others?  Do we have the option to not set ourselves up for hurt? Christ spent a lot of time with people who betrayed in from time to time.  He was almost always with people who we would consider a "strain" on a relationship.

Does God call us to a reckless abandon love?

No comments:

Post a Comment