Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wake up....you're making a mistake

Sometimes I wish I could just be so bold as to tell people they need to wake up and realize they are making a mistake.  I'm typically not a person that does this kind of thing, but it sure does cross my mind.  I get so frustrated when I hear a choice that someone is going to make and it goes against everything they say they are trying to be.  I'm at a loss as what to do.

We have talked about this several times in our Connection Class (similar to Sunday School).  We have talked about the difference between judging and holding someone accountable. When someone says they are a believer you can confront them in love and explain your concerns, however it does require a relationship with that person and a heart that wants the best for that person.  Then there is that fine line though.  The line that between when we want the best for the person and sometimes our hearts aren't right and we just want to put them in their place.  We have to check ourselves and our motives before we ever confront someone.

As far as I can tell, in this particular situation, I want those involved to make the right decision.  I want what is best for them. I want to tell them they can do better...they can make a better decision.  How do you tell someone that they should go against what so many others are telling them.  How do you make them understand that the decisions they make will influence how they are able to witness to those who are trying to get them to make the wrong decision?

Frankly, I don't really know how to handle the situation.  I want to show them love and not make them feel like I am condemning them, but when they know they are making the wrong choice and still choose to, it's just so frustrating.

I know sometimes we have to just turn things over to God and let Him do what He does.  Let Him have control over the situation and trust Him.  It's a hard place to be sometimes.  I guess this is one of those places that I sometimes have a hard time letting go and letting God be God in the situation.  Where is the line between our responsibility to each other and letting God be God?

I've got two weeks to figure this out.  Hopefully God will give me some guidance and a little peace with this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment