Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

My Kids


I can't really recall the last time I wrote about my kids, but I know I needed to write about how much I really love and care about them.  I'm not quite sure what it is, but over the past sixth months or more, I feel like I have been seeing more and more reasons why/how I love them more.

I know as parents we all love our kids.  Our love is based on the fact that they are our kids and it has nothing to do with how they behave or how they treat us.  We will love them regardless.

I think one of the beauties of having kids is that we get a little glimpse into how God views us.  Only I think God can give us a little more love for a kids each day, even when we think we can't love them any more.  I believe God has a perfect love for us and, as much as I would I hope I have that same love for my kids, I know my love isn't perfect like His.

Like many things in life, God wants to teach us along the way.  He knows we can't handle all that He has for us and that it has to come in His timing.  The beauty for me is that I can feel, experience, and understand how my love for kids is greater today than it was yesterday.

I have found myself more often this past 6 months looking forward to getting home to my kids, just to see the smile on their face.  I love being greeted by my kids and hearing that they look forward to the days when I have off work so I can be around them.  I remember very much days when my kids didn't even act like they cared if I was home or not.  I don't blame it on them, because I was gone a lot.  I worked so many hours that what little time I was home I was disconnected from them either planning for the next thing or trying to recoup from the previous.

I was showing love to them in a way I knew how.  However, since then I have worked towards showing them love in other ways and making time for them. I enjoy the time I get to spend with them.

I am writing all of this because I recently came upon this video that really got me to think. It represents one aspect of life that I hope to never have to experience with my kids.  I was so moved by it, that I had to share.


I hope that if I am ever faced with this situation I have the strength to carry on and am able to allow God to use the situation for His glory and to share His love with so many.  I know I have not been left unaffected by the movement of paying it forward.  Who knows, what trickled down to me may have originated from this act of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment