Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Catching up

For some reason, I haven't been able to come up with any topics worth writing on lately.  I don't want to be controversial or only hit on those subjects.  I want to hit on the subjects that have shaped the way my view has changed. In an effort to do this, I want just list off a few instances that I think are note worthy.

Differences with people
Do you have people that you have differences with or that seem to rub you the wrong way at times?  I know its not a huge revelation or anything, but I have found the more I am in contact with people and the more time I spend talking, emailing, or just plain communicating with the easier it is to see good in the situation.  I have found it becomes much easier to deal with the differences and let some of the differences go when good communication and relationships are developed.  I have also learned the opposite is true.  The longer you spend away from those people that you have differences with the easier it is to let those differences become walls of seperation.

Playing my guitar
Now I don't know that I would actually qualify this as a new revelation as much as it has been a reminder of what once was.  This past week I have spent more time playing my guitar, singing, and singing with my wife than I have in the past year or more.  I can only think of a couple times that would even come close in that amount of time.  It reminds me of why I loved it so much and how it is through music that I often feel closest to God.  I don't know what it is, but I believe God loves music  and uses it as a tool of healing.   I've heard and seen it used for many practical healing methods and how it does help with physical symptoms. I have also experienced how it can heal and strengthen ones soul as well.  Maybe, just maybe, when God said David was a man after His own heart, that a piece of that statement was referencing David's love of music.

Friends
I hate to admit it, but a while back a friend loaned me a CD and while I did like the music I didn't fall in love with it.  It was a bit too "different" for me.  Then last week I met the artist and really listened to the music and the lyrics and fell in love with it.  It pains me to think that I went so long without really understanding what was in front of me.  I don't know if it was just getting to know the artist and see the beauty in what he does, but the music became so much more alive.  I find myself waking up with the songs stuck in my head and the lyrics resonating with me so much that I see how they apply in my every day life.  I guess it somewhat goes back to the whole "differences with people," but the more time you spend getting to know someone and see their heart, the more beauty you can find and cling too.

Habanera Jelly
So I just have to tell someone about this.  My wife recently purchased some habanera jelly for me, and the stuff is great.  I've been a fan of hot foods for quite some time and this one really does rank right up there with the best.

God
While this really isn't a new revelation either, I can look back at the few things I have listed so far and draw a few points.  God is The Creator.  He has created some amazing things for us to enjoy and I believe He enjoys it when we are creative as well.  The second thing is that if we truly look, we can see God in relationships and why He calls us to relationships with others just as He calls us to relationship with Him.  I almost have gotten to a point now where I don't like to use the word "relationship" because it has been so pounded in our heads because the "church" easily gets away from it and has, for many of us, most of our lives.  The fact still remains the same however, the more we are connected to others the more we are connected to God and the same is also true that the more we are connected to God the more we will be connected to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment