Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Creation

I don't know why I began to think about it again yesterday, but a while back I heard an interesting thought about creation.  If you take a look at Genesis 2 you will find a line that we often put out of place.  In the midst of creating God says "It is not good for man to be alone."  He then proceeds to form animals and has Adam name them. Then after all of that is done, He creates woman from Adams side.

The thought I found so interesting is that God knew it wasn't good for man to be alone yet took the time to form animals, have Adam name them, and then created woman.  I don't know if you have ever stopped to think about it, but it would have taken him a very long time to name all of them.  I heard one gentleman say it could have easily taken 100 years.  So that means Adam was with animals and God for possibly 100 years without Eve.

When discussing it last night, a friend of mine suggested that it could be God's way of teaching Adam what is was like without a companion and letting him see the need for one.  As I look at the way God operates in my life, I would have to agree this is a very good probability.

All too often I think we get stuck on the fact that God knows what is best for us and will give it to us. While that is true, I think God sometimes wants us to realize our needs before He provides.  God wants us to realize that He is our provider.

Another interesting thought is that God says it is good after each "day" in Chapter 1, but then He says "It is not good for man to be alone."  I too find this interesting, because it shows that even from Creation God intended us to live with one another and not on our own. 

As I think about both of these concepts, it reminds me of how many times we think we know the truth, but the Truth isn't revealed until later.  We buy into what the world offers as truth and sometimes go a long time living that way before we realized that there is Truth beyond on and beyond what we can see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment