Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

A voice

I'll admit, I really want to blog, but at this point I am not sure what to say.  Many of the topics I have discussed over the last year are topics that have either intrigued me or are a reflection of the current conflict I am in.  By conflict, I don't necessarily mean that I am in conflict with a person, but many are conflicts internally that cause me to examine myself as well as certain scenarios or thoughts others have posed. 

Over the past week or so I had the privilege of being able to stay home for a while and enjoy some time away from work.  It was a lot of fun and I got some stuff done that I wanted to.  In teh midst of that I had the time to read a book I had wanted to read for some time called "Sinner's Creed."  It is a book written by Scott Stapp, the lead singer for Creed.

As I read through his book, I couldn't help but find myself identifying with him in so many ways.  When he spoke of how so many people connected with his music through the lyrics I couldn't help but believe that there is underlying issue among so many of us that just gets stuffed.  A lot of his lyrics have to do with the battle that rages inside of us between what we know God wants for us and our own personal, fleshly desires. 

I have always loved his work and as I read the book, I could understand why even more. 

I don't really know what this year has for me this year.  I imagine more of the same as I know God is never through with changing us.  If you get a chance, check out Scott Stapp's book or listen to some of his music.  If you find that you connect with it, let me know, I would love to chat with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment