Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

John 14:1-4

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4"And you know the way where I am going."

As I was reading this this morning, it hit me.  Over the past year, I have been so worried about the now.  The past months have even been worse.  With the possible loss of my steady income, and not knowing what will become of my pastoral job based on circumstances out of my control, I have been running scarred.  I want to provide for my family.  I want to take care of them.  I want to give them what they want...what they need.  I just don't have the time to give anymore.  I don't have the strength to give anymore.

That's where this verse comes in...the now doesn't really matter.  What matters is what is coming.  I don't need to worry.  I don't need to get stressed.  I just need to let go and let God....be God.  Why have I taken so much responsibility and control over something that is his?  Why can I not trust him?  Hasn't he led me to the place I am now?  Hasn't he brought me through so many tough times before.

How do you get to a place where you can (pardon the phrase) fully rely on God?  That shall be my endeavor over the next who knows how long.  Giving it back to him.  Releasing what I have into his hands and making it his.  How am I gonna do it?  Well....first start by doing what I preach and giving him time.  Yes, I know I said I have no more time, but I have to give him first all my time.  Let him decide how much time and I have, and see where things go.  If you are reading this, and I know really no body does right now, pray for me.  I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment