Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How do you decide?

How does one go about deciding what is important and what is not?  I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. I still don't have the answers I want. 

I know that God is supposed to be first and foremost in our lives. I know that we are supposed to live our lives as if everything we have belongs to God. I know we are to be good stewards.  I know we are supposed to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.  I know we are supposed to love our neighbor as ourselves.

 I know the Christ said the last two were the most important of the laws, but what about when it's not so black and white? 

I think about the things in my life that I am very passionate about; music, small groups, my family, etc. I think about how important they are to me and how much time and energy I am willing to invest in them.  On the other hand, I know some who spend very little time investing in their family; don't really care about small groups; and if they happen to be into music don't believe practice is even important.

How does one decide what is important when it comes down to what God has laid on your heart and yet it directly rubs against the grain of someone else.  I know God puts "sand paper" people in our lives to help us to become more of what He wants us to be, but sometimes you can be getting rubbed with very coarse paper rather than the fine.   The coarse keeps wearing you down while the fine would smooth you out.

I trust God and I know He has his plans. I know there will be conflict in life and I know conflict makes us better if we can let God show us how. 

So here is the question again. How does one decide what is important when it feels like God says one thing and life and people around you say something different? 

No comments:

Post a Comment