Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Accidental Racist

It appears as if this song, Accidental Racist, by Brad Paisley is getting a lot of discussion lately.  While I don't like to always jump on what everyone else is talking about, I thought there were some interesting conversations to be had over the song.

I find it interesting that so many are saying it is a terrible song.  When I listen to it, I can hear a very similar song being sung by so many Christians and often get a similar response from others.  To me, it reminds me of how much we have to apologize for that "Christians" did in the name of Christ and how much we have done as "Christians" in the name of Christ that has really caused more damage than good.  It also reminds me of how important it is to try to line our actions up with what Christ taught now, so that we don't pose hindrances for those in years to come.

I'm sure there is a lot more I could say about it, but I will let you hear it for yourself.

Take time to listen, let me know what you think.  *** Alright the video I originally posted has been removed.  You can find the lryics here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment