Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Where have you been?

If you followed me most of last year, you have probably seen a steady decline in my posting over the last couple months.  I don't know what it is for certain that has given me some what of a "block" as to what to write about.  I have come up with several topics, but never can justify sharing them nor feel like they are even fully developed in my mind yet.

I say all of this because of a recent realization that I have come to.

I like conflict.  Not necessarily that I like to argue with people or that I want to be "better" than someone else, I just find my mind consistently running towards conflict.

I began to see this most recently when I was discussing with my wife about the thought that America has been blessed. I have heard many people say this over the years and I have always had a struggle with understanding how they can say that.  I believe God blesses His people, but I certainly don't believe He blesses a physical nation when it is so far from Him.  I could go on and on, but that is not the point.

The point is, this is where my mind goes.

On the other hand, I have a friend who would say ultimately it doesn't matter what we believe about it.  It is not a salvation issue.  It is not something that would stand in the way of my relationship with God.

It is hard for me to think like that. 

As I look back at some of my blogs I see lots of thoughts that are not salvation issues, but rather issues that concern me or topics that have really changed the way I view things.  It makes me question sometimes if any of my thoughts on topics really matter.  After all the message of Christ is so simple we often miss it for no other reason than we want to over complicate it or we find a divisive issue that makes us feel better than someone else.

Anyway, that's where I am at.  Trying to figure out a few things.


No comments:

Post a Comment