Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Three Trees...thoughts

If you haven't yet read through my last post, take some time to read it.  It is a great Christmas story and I would love to find this book for my kids.

First, I want to share that I heard the story on the Wally show.  Wally was sharing how he can't read the story without crying.  I don't know that I have ever read a story and cried, but as I listen to him read the story, I could feel the emotion and got a glimpse at something I may not have internalized before.

After he read the story, he mentioned how often we think we want/desire one thing and yet God has bigger plans for us.  I couldn't agree more.

As I listened and thought about my life, I see how things in my past, have really got me down from time to time.  I see times when I too, have thought I had good intentions and desires and yet, because God sees the bigger picture He hasn't always given them to me the way I think He should.  The more I think about it, the more I begin to wonder how much control I truly believe God has.  I know I say that God is in control,  but do I ever really walk through life really believing that. I would tend to say that I lean more to believing God has control of the moment, rather than the future as well.  I guess it's hard for me to grasp the fact that He already knows my future and has a plan for me and has dreams for me.  I think working at realizing He does know the future would help me understand so much more in my life.

The other interesting part to this story, and something I think about every once-in-a-while, is understanding the fact that God had a plan for each of those trees.  We can't ignore the fact that God is creator and created the three trees to be used for those specific reasons.  While, the story is fictional, it makes  a great point.  Going along with scripture, if we can believe that God was able to use these trees to accomplish His purposes, how much more could He use us?  I think understanding that can change our life.


No comments:

Post a Comment