Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Confidence

Have you ever noticed that we can do more with our lives when we have a little confidence in what we are doing? 

Maybe it's just me, but when I have something to share that I am confident others would be interested in, it makes it pretty easy to talk to people that I don't know. Otherwise, I tend to keep to myself.  It's not that I don't want to speak to people, I love talking to people.  I think it is just a lack of confidence in knowing that I have something worth talking to them about and can become a burden on them.

I began to think about this last night as I was working on sharing a Disc Golf tournament's information with some local guys I didn't know.  I've been watching for players the last couple evenings and have had some decent conversations with a couple guys about Disc Golf.  As I was walking away last night, it hit me. 

Why is it so easy to share with these guys about something so unimportant in the scheme of things, but so challenging to speak to others, some of who I am close to, about my faith?  Why do I feel like what I have to share with them is another thing that just burden's them. 

I don't think God needs us to be His salesmen, but I believe we should be willing to speak to others about Him and what He has done in our lives.  Perhaps the difference is that I approached people that were already at the Disc Golf course so I knew they might be interested.  Do I do the same thing about people that are at church? 

Anyway, I just found it interesting that having confidence in what we believe and know can so change the way we interact with people. Do you have the confidence in God that you would be willing to share what you know, what you believe, who you are (both good and bad) with others that are seeking to know God?

No comments:

Post a Comment