Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Catching up...

I must admit, the last several weeks for me have been hard.  I had something happen about a month and a half ago that really effected me emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.  After spending the past month and a half working through it, talking with close friends, and working on turning it over to God I have come to a place where I can move on from that point and look towards God's bigger picture.

I share this bit of information because it really put me in a place that I didn't like to be.  I had a hard time seeing God, processing day to day happenings, and finding joy in the situations I was in. 

Over the last two days I have heard this common theme of conflict an how you will have conflict in your life.  If you don't, your not really living.  I think back to a sermon I heard several years ago from a pastor who said that you need to understand that you have to be willing to acknowledge that everyday will be filled with some sort of conflict.  It is how you respond to them that determines the outcome.

I have found that there are two ways of handling conflict.  You can either run from it or embrace it and look for what God wants to teach you.  As I listened to Donald Miller this morning, he made a point about how all too often we believe that when we accept Jesus, He will take all our conflicts away.  That is just not the case.  I can see where at one time where I could have thought that, but the more I grow in Him, the more I realize God has made me who I am through the challenges that have been presented before me.

This weekend as I was working with some leaders of our new small group ministry, I began to see where God has been working over the past year and it was a great reminder.  It is so easy to miss God and where He is working when things get hard.  I am so thankful for being able to see Him again and see how He is working in ways that we don't even know and how He reveals Himself in His timing and in His way.  We just have to make sure we are aware and looking for Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment