Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Chapter 12 - Holy Spirit

Marcey and Noah were talking a while back and Noah mentioned he wanted to be baptised.  She discussed it with him for a while and then later told me about it.  Last night, I had the opportunity to really talk to him about it and what it means to be baptised.  I asked him why he wanted to, and he said that it was a way for him to show other people that he had the Holy Spirit in him. 

For those of you who don't know.  Noah is 8.  I don't know that I really understood what that meant when I was his age, but he really gets it. In fact, I think sometimes he gets it more than I do. 

The rest of the converstaion was a very thought provoking experience for me.  Through the course of discussion, he told me he knew he had the Holy Spirit in him, because one night he couldn't help but read the Bible.  He knew he had to.

I hear people speak about the Holy Spirit, but rarely do I hear them speak as if their will is no long a part of their life.  I know Noah still makes decisions for himself and will make mistakes, but for Him to feel that he had to read the Bible because the Holy Spirit was telling him to profound to me. 

I couldn't help, but finish our discussion with letting him know about how Jesus loves little kids and calls us all to have a child like faith.  I had to explain to him, just like this experience, there are times when God will use children to teach adults.  There is something about children who really "get" it, that make me question my commitment and my faith and how it fleshes itself out in my life.

When was the last time that you couldn't help but read the Bible?  Are we that willing to follow the Holy Spirit's leading?  Are we willing to have faith like a child and move beyond our experiences and preconcieved ideas?  Are we willing to follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment