Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Be Honest

Over the past year, the idea of "story" has really be a part of my life and my thought process.  While I sometimes forget the importance of our story in God's story, every once in a while something comes across my path that not only reminds me of where I need to be.  Today I came across a secular video that really speaks to the importance of being honest, being real.

It doesn't mention God.  It's a photography video from a photographer that finally got a break in life. Listening to his story and listening to how he learned he had to be honest, I find that I can identify with him to a certain extent.  My life my not really reflect his nor am I as good of a photographer as he is, however he shares the importance of being real with people.

The idea of being real with people is often scary.  It means we have to be vulnerable.  We have to expose ourselves to other peoples lives and allow them to see us in a different light than they have in the past. God wants us to be real with people.  He wants us to have our lives intertwined with each other.  Hiding our story from others only causes us to stay isolated from reality and from what God wants for us.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but the video is somewhat long.  If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, start at 17:50 where he shares a video blog from a while ago.  Think outside of the photography reference and see if you can see God in the story.  Maybe it's just me, but then again.....maybe not.




No comments:

Post a Comment