Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Worship

I have heard it said several times recently that one does not simply stop worshiping.  Our lives are very much about worship.  Our thoughts, our actions, our desires are all reflective of our worship.

The more I think about that idea, the more I can easily see it in my life and in the lives of others.  Whatever you focus on, whatever causes you to worry, whatever consumes your thoughts, actions, and desires reflects the God that you serve. 

For many the god they serve started out as something that was good. family is good, working is good, food is good, knowledge is good, but when those things replace the relationship designed for God and man or when those things get in teh way of what God has asked you to do, they have become your God.

As a friend of mine put it, "our God is our bellies," and for many that is true.  Our lives are consumed by thinking about the next meal we are going to eat or the next snack that we get to enjoy.  While food in and of itself is not bad by any means and hunger is natural the fact that we get consumed with feeding ourselves.

As I  think about all the times I have been worrying lately; where my thoughts are generally throughout the day; what motivates me to do the things I do I can very much see areas in my life where I don't let God be God and that my focus is far from being on Him.

Maybe I am the only one that deals with this, but I doubt it.  Maybe you need to examine where you spend your time, your money, your efforts, etc.  Maybe something or someone other than God is playing god in your life.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment