Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ecclesiastes 9:9

Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun. - Ecclesiastes 9:9

I don't know that I have ever REALLY read this verse before. I'm sure I have read it, but not really considered its meaning.  It's not necessarily a joyous verse nor is it a book that many look to for guidance in situations.  Never-the-less, as I think about it, I consider myself blessed to have a wife that I am able to enjoy being with in a life that sometimes does just seem like toil and labor.

There are and have been times in my life when things just don't seem to go as planned.  For one reason or another, life gets complicated.  It is how you live in those complicated times that is important.

I think too often in our lives we forget to enjoy our wives because we let our situations and our lives get in the way.  We see problems, issues, and struggles and forget that Go has actually blessed us and allowed us to have a grounding point in the midst of all that seems to be challenging.

I am ever so thankful for my wife as so many times she has been my grounding point.  I can get so focused on solving a problem and the struggle it will take to fix situations that I forget that God called us to live in the moment and that we can find joy in every situation even if the joy only comes from knowing that we have to trust Him.

As I mentioned a couple times recently, I think we need to be continually be focused on the now and trust that God controls our future.  It is in being able to focus on the now that we can see the blessings He has given us and how rather than taking out our frustrations on our spouse we can truly see them as a blessing from God.

I count myself as blessed.  I have a beautiful wife, who loves God.  She helps me see Him in new ways and is often used by God to ground me and bring me back to where He wants me to be.  I love my wife and appreciate her for allowing God to use her in my life and in the lives of others.  She is truly a reward in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment