Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Though you slay me...

In the book of Job, Job says "Though He slay me, I will hope in Him."  How many of us can really truly say that.  That regardless of what happens in our lives we still can find out hope in Jesus?

Our church has been going through a small group series on the importance of our story.  The culmination of the series was that our stories are all part of God's story and that there are pieces of our lives that are painful, but are important to our story and to God's story and what He is trying to do in peoples lives.  

As I was listening to a newer song by Shane and Shane, I came across this video that very much speaks to that idea.  I think it is when we come to say, "Though you slay me God, my hope is still in you," we can truly be free from so many chains that bind us from truth and can truly begin to live the life God has called us to.




No comments:

Post a Comment