Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Witness to

Last night, my wife showed me this video and I couldn't help but think it spoke to a lot of my thoughts lately.


When I listen to him speak, I see someone who understands the power of story. Many pastors do.  Jesus certainly did.  I think when the Bible says we should be ready to give our testimony at any time, it means ready to share our story.  It means understanding where God has been in the midst of our story.  It means examining your life so that you can say, "I know there is a God and I know He loves me, because He has been present in my life."  

For me, while I didn't do it on purpose, I have found the power of sharing my story to be freeing.  Being able to share, means that I spent time examining my story, looking for what God has done, and being able to recognize it is because of Him I am able to really live.

Then Chan goes on to speak of reading the Bible for yourself.  Without doing that; without searching for truth; I would have been stuck in bondage of believing I had to "perform," in order to make God "happy," and earn my way into a relationship with Him.  

There are many out there, that preach a false Gospel.  I am guilty of allowing myself to ascribe to teachings that don't follow the God that I know. I think that is one of the traps many of us fall into it.  It is easy to let someone else tell us what to believe, or to get sucked into a persons reputation and just take what they say as truth. God knows that we need to be able to distinguish the difference between truth and fallacy.  We need to be able to see who is spreading a false Gospel so that we don't fall into believing something that is not truth. God provides ways for us to find the truth and if we are honestly and earnestly seeking after Him, we will find it.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the video. I think Chan pretty much says it all, I just wanted to document my thoughts as I watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment