Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

AGH!

In the midst of a conversation I was having this morning, I began to again realize the amount of pain and hurt there is going on in our world because of parents who are so wrapped up in themselves and haven't ever truly become adults.  In the conversation I was hearing the story of a young girl who's parents are no longer together and neither one really wanted much to do with her.  As I look back at a lot of the kids I went to school with and how so many of them had parents that really took part in their lives.  It seems to only have gotten worse since then.  It's heartbreaking especially when you don't know what to do or how to help.  You hear these stories and I know I don't have all the answers, but I do know that people are longing to feel loved and accepted.  Most often they want to be loved and accepted by their parents. 

I'm really at a loss for what to do.  I know I can pray and I know God has a plan, but it's sad when you see a parents ideals have nothing to do with taking care of the child they were given.

I look at my relationship with my parents and I look at the relationship my wife and I have with our kids and I couldn't help but imagine how different our lives could have been. Sure we have made our fair of mistakes, but everyone does.  It just seems like some people are happy living in their mistakes.  It saddens me.



On the other hand, today I am also struggling with the thought that the more I know about God, the less I really know about Him.  I know it doesn't make sense, but the more I want to learn, the more I realize I have fewer answers now than I did when I started.  I want to be educated, I want to be able to explain more of the Bible to people, but I can't.

I think the reality is that our stories are the only thing we really have to share.  Sure we can learn from the Bible and apply concepts to our lives, but our stories and what God has done in our life is the truth that we can actually share with all certainty.  Maybe that is why the Bible is mostly a bunch of stories.  It's the stories of others lives. It's an example of how important our story really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment